Lead Embedded Software Developer Infotainment- Middleware
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10057
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. From autonomy and electrification to innovative in-vehicle infotainment system connecting you to your world, our Product Development teams are working together with excitement to make smart vehicles for a smart world. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community, and the world in which we live.
Utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
The Infotainment Embedded System Software lead is responsible for managing the design & development of embedded system software and resolving system critical issues for Ford's in-vehicle infotainment system to support applications that provide camera, media, AM/FM tuner, phone, HMI, connectivity, voice commands, remote control, user settings, navigation, and vehicle interfaces. What you will be able to do: Lead an agile development team of software engineers to create applications and middleware software for Ford's in-vehicle infotainment system
- Lead the definition, design, and development of high-quality software that meets feature requirements and delivery schedule
- Create a highly collaborative and motivated team environment to create a best in-class infotainment system that delivers exciting features to customers
- Manage software quality through design reviews, code reviews, software configuration management, and thorough testing at all levels of software development
- Drive established Agile development methods, execute the role of a scrum master, support the Product Owner(PO)/Technical Program Manager(TPM) to breakdown the specifications/requirements into useful epics and stories, and manage the backlogs & sprints.
- Work closely with Software Engineers and Architects to develop the best technical designs and approaches for our customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technical specialists, feature owners, scrum masters, program managers, test teams, and other software development teams to develop infotainment system features
- Lead test engineers to create test cases, support test case automation, and implement the appropriate suite of tests at each software development phase
- Manage suppliers to develop and deliver 3rd party software for successful integration into in-vehicle infotainment system
- Support the development of infotainment platforms by using the latest technologies and data analytics that can be used to build exciting infotainment products of tomorrow
- Hire team members and mentor/train software engineers to develop/enhance the team's capability to deliver innovative infotainment features on time with quality
- Set yearly team objectives and conduct year-end performance evaluations
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software design and development experience on embedded, Automotive, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 5+ years of software development experience using functions and features of QNX, Android, operating system
- Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 12+ years of software design and development experience on embedded, mobile, or consumer electronic platforms
- 6+ years of infotainment software development experience in the automotive industry
- 6+ years of embedded software development experience on microcontrollers
- 6+ years of software development experience using functions and features of QNX or Linux and Android O/S
- 3+ years of experience providing technical guidance to software engineers to design and build infotainment systems
- 3+ years of software architecture experience developing infotainment systems
- 3+ years of C++ programming language software development experience
- Working knowledge and experience developing infotainment feature technology, such as camera, projection, voice recognition, media, phone, tuner, and vehicle interfaces
- Experience releasing software and proficiency with revision control tools: git, subversion, or equivalent
- Experience with automotive product development process and quality experience (i.e., A-SPICE, FMEA, Agile etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodology and with sprints
- Experience with software development and productivity tools (e.g. Github, JIRA, Confluence, QNX Momentics, Android Studio)
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
Join our team as we build tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while crafting value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60712BR
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Embedded Software Developer Infotainment- Middleware
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US