Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10047
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Ford Motor Company is seeking a DevOps Engineer to assist the Ford Simulation (FordSim) team in developing (embedded) software in Ford Vehicles that utilizes modern processes, methods, and tools to create higher quality software more efficiently. The responsibility to include building and deploying a large scale build and deployment pipeline in a hybrid cloud environment while seeking to understand the software development practices and creating an automation and integration environment to help the FordSim team achieve better traceability.
What you'll be able to do:
- Support and develop automation solutions that enables our product teams to build and deploy code quickly.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of our solutions.
- Bring to bear cloud technology to promote fast resource provisioning and scalability.
- Collaborate with teams working on software solutions to build continuous delivery pipelines.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Embedded Software Development.
- 1+ years of experience with integrating and automating tools like GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, and Nexus.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a combination of education or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of administering Debian based Linux distributions.
- 2+ years of Web Based Software Development experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud orchestration (Google Cloud preferred).
What you'll receive in return: As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition. Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60538BR
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US