ADAS In-House Perception Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10030
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress! We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our plans for the future of mobility, we offer a variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Ford Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Pro Trailer Backup Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS In-House Software and Algorithms team supports, designs, and develops these and upcoming customer centric state-of-the-art features using various perception and sensing techniques.
What you'll be able to do
We are seeking an individual who can contribute to our efforts in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Embedded Software and Algorithm development activities. This position is focused on developing perception applications for ADAS features. You will be applying engineering principles and analytical techniques in support of delivering Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and deploying embedded software on target hardware.
- Contribute to a team responsible for the embedded software and algorithms for ADAS sensing applications on the current/future ADAS ECU
- Develop software in C++ and test perception algorithms and applications such as computer vision, object detection, and AI/ML
- Work with perception algorithm developers in deploying applications on target hardware
- Collaborate with Research and Advanced Engineering teams, ADAS feature owners, other algorithm and function owners, and software architects to design, develop, and deliver comprehensive ADAS sensing functions
- Support the development/maintenance of test environments and simulation tools to support AI/ML methods within and out of the immediate team
- Deliver high quality embedded software using Agile methodologies and follow established software development processes
- Leverage object-oriented design techniques, the C++ Standard Template Library, design patterns, and other higher-level features of C++ to create robust and reliable software
- Work with and use code quality tools, write unit tests, ensure proper code coverage, and support code reviews
- Develop/support high quality documentation for perception software and applications
- Understand Feature requirements and FMEAs to develop and implement software requirements
- Support real-world testing of innovative ADAS features by working with partner teams, and by flashing and debugging your code in preproduction and prototype vehicles
- Conduct and help validation team with root cause analysis activities
- Work with the Ford Hardware in the Loop team to establish procedures to reduce dependence on vehicle level testing
- Support Sign-off of software functionality, performance, and overall quality
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience (working or academic) with C++
- 1+ year of experience (working or academic) in development/implementation of machine learning, artificial intelligence and/or computer vision techniques
- 1+ year of experience (working or academic) developing embedded control software
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in control theory, vision processing techniques, and/or AI/ML.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development for real time control systems.
- 5+ years of experience with Agile software development processes
- Understanding of ISP algorithms, human vision system and image quality metrics
- Familiarity with open source vision and machine learning frameworks (OpenCV, OpenVX, ROS, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe2, scikit-learn)
- Familiarity with Git, Github, Jira, and Agile Methods
- Simulating vision and/or Lidar sensors for algorithm training, validation and testing
- Ability to interpret Simulink, C/C++, and Python to aid in issue resolution
- Experience with using hardware in the loop (HIL) systems and with test bench setup
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60684BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS In-House Perception Embedded Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US