Data Scientist for Credit Analytics
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10016
Credit Artificial Intelligence Advancement Center (AIAC) team within Credit Analytics in Global Data Insight and Analytics (GDI&A) has a talented, motivated, innovative group of individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset and a deep interest in data and modeling.
The Credit AIAC team supports the development, evaluation, and deployment of models to support a wide range of business problems which include:
- Credit risk assessment at loan origination, Fraud identification
- Behavioral risk assessment to inform collections strategies
- Use AI/ML to help business center operation, build applications to support dealer operation
- Find AI/ML solutions to support FMCC objectives
What you'll be able to do:
- Work with data sources on multiple platforms (big data platform, PC, Mainframe, Unix/Linux, and Teradata)!
- Develop APIs!
- Develop and implement models to support business questions, including AI/ML/statistical models.
- Maintain and improve operational models through their lifecycle.
- Explore new methodologies to build business solutions.
- Develop performance indicators and reports to supervise model accuracy and evaluate performance.
- Prepare analysis to back-test and compare opposing models and methodologies.
- Implement both descriptive and inferential analyses in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate and present technical material to a broad audience.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Operation Research, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years of programming experience (internships and coursework allowed).
- 2+ years of experience in Operations Research/Physics or related quantitative fields (internships and coursework allowed).
- 2+ years in Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning (internships and coursework allowed).
- 1+ years Python (internships and coursework allowed).
- Masters or PhD degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Operation Research, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- Experience writing software, API
- Experience with system integration
- Experience using SQL
- Ability to translate sophisticated quantitative analysis into business insights
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2022 New Hire Benefits Summary GSR HTHD (ford.com)
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60685BR
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist for Credit Analytics
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US