ADAS Customer Research Leader
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 10015
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
In the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) program, Ford's Safety Electronics team designs and develops hardware, functional models, and software that provide Best in Class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist and 360 Camera Systems. The ADAS Development Tools and Calibration team supports all software development activities by providing the necessary tools to generate, test and calibrate ADAS features.
We seek to define "How It Works" and develop the Advanced Driver Assist System (ADAS) experiences and ensuring that those deliver on the customer's expectations. You will take the elements of outstanding ADAS experiences and distill the enablers down to discrete, actionable items that will be deployed by the various technology and program teams. This requires close collaboration with various cross-functional teams such as Research, HMI, Design Studio, Enterprise Connectivity, D-Ford, and Marketing. You will develop and implement ADAS experience strategies using Human-Centered Design methods and help visualize and story tell those experiences. You will guide your colleagues in choosing the most appropriate means for customer evaluation and will also lead the planning and execution of research activities to study ADAS experiences in real world scenarios.
As an ADAS Customer Research Leader, you'll be able to do:
- Plan and lead conceptual to verification-level research and test design hypotheses of interactions with various modalities and prototypes, including table-top and in-vehicle studies. This includes usability testing, desirability, iterative, qualitative evaluation, and other forms of research. This also includes vendor and venue selection based on the type of study, and leading the team in preparation and while on-site at the research event.
- Assist the engineering teams in designing, developing, and delivering innovative solutions for Ford products that would improve our customer satisfaction. This includes competitive benchmarking, analysis of external consumer metrics and translating user experience concepts into high-level experience requirements.
- Translate consumer needs, business strategies and technological enablers into in-vehicle experiences.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience as a User Researcher, UX Designer, or CX Researcher
- 4+ years of experience leading user research initiatives for highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams
- 4+ years experience developing and implementing customer research in a lead role, including selecting methods and metrics, writing scripts, selecting vendors, moderating, and interviewing respondents and mentor/training colleagues and vendors on our research best practices.
- 3 + years experience with on-site research coordination/project management.
- Availability to travel up to 15% of time.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Human Factors, User Experience, Industrial Design or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience performing usability testing.
- Experience with automotive ADAS technologies.
- Experience in, or knowledge of the Agile process.
- Ability to present findings and POV effectively with senior management and other organizations.
- Experience with card sorting, storyboarding, ethnography, prototyping, wireframe creation, and journey mapping.
- Comfortable working on changing demands and early vehicle program work and technologies.
- Ability to create lo-fidelity prototypes with Raspberry Pi, Arduino, 3D Printing, or other prototyping software
- Proficient in using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimal direction, and comfortable with changing environments and deadlines.
- Passion for User Experience and Customer-Centered Design!
- Strong sense of customer empathy, problem identification and resolution.
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills with high attention to detail.
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Job Number: 60539BR
Community / Marketing Title: ADAS Customer Research Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US