Core System Safety Engineer
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 2802
Ford's Research and Advanced Engineering organization is seeking qualified candidates to join our team to develop system safety processes to better design and validate new automotive and robotic features.The System Engineering & CAE team is a vibrant group of engineers responsible for researching the best practices in system safety and functional safety to ensure thorough development and testing of feature operational use, interactions with electrical/electronic systems, and quality performance. Successful candidates for this position will be a team player and have demonstrated experience in critical thinking, problem solving and systems development understanding.
- Perform system safety & functional safety analyses on systems for the development of Functional Safety Concepts, Technical Safety Concepts, Functional Safety Requirements and Technical Safety Requirements
- Develop and apply processes from ISO 26262 and SOTIF
- Develop SysML models at the system level incorporating the use of Functional Safety and System Safety methods
- Generate virtual external driving environments and hazardous test scenarios to support validation of functional safety control systems
- C++, Python and Matlab programming on robotic systems or AV middleware (e.g.,ROS )
- Research, develop and integrate advanced system safety processes on research development projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, Robotics, Aerospace Engineering or a related field
- 1+ year of experience with C++ or Python (coursework allowed)
- 1+ year of experience with model based systems engineering tools like SysML or similar tools
- 1+ year of experience with product development including Safety Analysis Techniques (examples: FMEA, FTA, HARA, HAZOP, STPA)
- 1+ year of experience applying Functional Safety in accordance to ISO 26262
- Experience in developing systems requirements for testing or validation
- Passion for developing and maintaining a safety culture
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for thewin.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 34916BR
Community / Marketing Title: Core System Safety Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US