Research Engineer – AI/Machine Learning for Manufacturing
Location: Dearborn, Michigan US
Job Number: 2342
Ford Research and Advanced Engineering is looking for an Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning (ML) specialist to support development of Next Generation Manufacturing processes. A goal of this team is to identify, develop, and implement AI/ML for such technologies as vision systems, advanced robotics and analytics for automobile manufacturing to improve process capabilities, cost, and efficiency. This team is working on several cutting edge and patent pending solutions to address unique challenges and opportunities in high volume manufacturing.
This job offers an exciting opportunity for innovation and career growth at the intersection of a number of emerging technologies leading to Industry 4.0 and Factory of the Future.
- Assist in developing manufacturing and inspection automation solutions using novel combinations of AI/ML and domain knowledge based algorithmic approaches
- Stay abreast of advances in AI, sensors, & cyber-physical systems, and assist in the development of digital twins of manufacturing lines leading to full "lights out manufacturing"
- Collaborate with Ford subsidiary SAIPS Algorithmic Solutions, Ford Global Advanced Manufacturing, Stamping Business Unit, Robotics and Controls and supplier teams to research and optimize automation & robotics applications for next generation manufacturing and mobility platforms
- Co-Lead in setting up and management of AI for Manufacturing Research Lab
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related Engineering Degree
- Including coursework have 1+ year of experience with machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, or others)
- Including coursework have 1+ year of experience with programming and software engineering skills
- Master's Degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related Engineering Degree
- Depth and breadth in modern computer vision and machine learning methods, image processing, machine learning, computer vision
- Experience with computer vision toolkits (OpenCV, PCL, CUDA, or others)
- Automotive manufacturing experience is desirable
- Ability to independently research and solve complex problems
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment
- Strong communications skills
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for thewin.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Job Number: 33995BR
Community / Marketing Title: Research Engineer – AI/Machine Learning for Manufacturing
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dearborn, Michigan US